Backcare & Seating has a long-standing commitment to environmental responsibility. How we define this responsibility changes as new products are introduced and is an evolving process. Our products are complex and have a variety of environmental impact and we continually strive to ensure that we reduce our environmental footprint by what we produce, sell and consume to run our businesses.
Some of our efforts include:
- Producing our own products that uses plastics no adverse environmental effects.
- Including plastics with low or no emissions and with fully recyclable components.
- Offer recycle product information to customers.
- Limit the use of painted products and or components.
- Use environmentally friendly solutions that don`t use toxic chemicals and colouring agents for product presentation and cleaning.
- Encourage our suppliers to use environmentally friendly packaging.
- Ask our customers to leave behind packaging so we can recycle these with our suppliers.
- Use energy efficient products in our organisation.
- Use recycled consumables
Our Manufacturing Division, supplies us with a wide range of products accredited by the Good Environmental Choice Australia (GECA) that they manufacture. The GECA program is a whole-of-life cycle incorporating all facets of environmental sustainability from the research / design phase through to the end-of-life recycling stage.